(also geniculate nucleus)
- Each of two protuberances on the inferior surface of the thalamus which relay auditory and visual impulses respectively to the cerebral cortex.More example sentences
- At the rear end of the thalamus are the smaller medial and lateral geniculate nuclei, relaying auditory and visual pathways, respectively, to the auditory and visual areas of the cortex.
- Neurons from the lateral geniculate nucleus then send axons to the visual cortex.
- The ventral notch in the lateral geniculate body was filled with optic tract fibers and these have been removed to show the nucleus.
More definitions of geniculate bodyDefinition of geniculate body in:
- The US English dictionary