1Relating to the human or animal reproductive organs: the genital area
More example sentences
- These infections may range from cutaneous warts to genital mucous membrane infections that can progress to cervical cancer.
- Less common types of male subfertility are caused by testicular or genital tract infection, disease, or abnormalities.
- Several case studies and one randomised controlled trial have shown that screening significantly reduces the prevalence of genital tract infections and pelvic inflammatory disease in women.
1.1 Psychoanalysis (In Freudian theory) relating to or denoting the final stage of psychosexual development reached in adulthood.
- For Freud, the breast was the first erogenous zone, from which a child should move on to the anal and genital stages of its developing sexuality.
- Example sentences
- Given the lack of genital focus of women, it is possible that genitally targeted pharmacological agents would be best compared to and combined with psychological treatments.
Late Middle English: from Old French, or from Latin genitalis, from genitus, past participle of gignere 'beget'.
Words that rhyme with genitalcongenital, primogenital, urogenital
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: geni|tal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.