Definition of genu in English:
noun (plural genua)
1 Anatomy The knee.
- Tightness of the iliotibial band, excessive foot pronation, genu varum, and tibial torsion are predisposing factors.
- Mal-alignment factors above the ankle, such as genu varum, can also contribute to increased stress on the Achilles tendon.
- If physiologic genu varum or genu valgum persists beyond seven to eight years of age, orthopedic referral is indicated.
1.1 Anatomy & Biology A part of certain structures resembling a knee, in particular a bend in the corpus callosum of mammals.
- There is evidence of a small focus of hyperintensity along the undersurface of the genu of the corpus callosum.
- The team found that the brain connections deteriorated three times as fast in the genu compared to the splenium.
- The cingulate sulcus begins below the rostrum of the corpus callosum and arches in front of the genu of the corpus callosum, about a finger's breadth distant from it.
Mid 19th century: from Latin.
Definition of genu in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan