Definition of genu in English:
noun (plural genua)
1 Anatomy The knee.
- Tightness of the iliotibial band, excessive foot pronation, genu varum, and tibial torsion are predisposing factors.
- Mal-alignment factors above the ankle, such as genu varum, can also contribute to increased stress on the Achilles tendon.
- If physiologic genu varum or genu valgum persists beyond seven to eight years of age, orthopedic referral is indicated.
1.1 Anatomy & Biology A part of certain structures resembling a knee, in particular a bend in the corpus callosum of mammals.
- There is evidence of a small focus of hyperintensity along the undersurface of the genu of the corpus callosum.
- The team found that the brain connections deteriorated three times as fast in the genu compared to the splenium.
- The cingulate sulcus begins below the rostrum of the corpus callosum and arches in front of the genu of the corpus callosum, about a finger's breadth distant from it.
Mid 19th century: from Latin.
Definition of genu in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.