Definition of geochronometric in English:
Relating to geochronological measurement.
- In this paper we present the petrographie, mineral, geochemical, isotopic and geochronometric data for, and interpretations of, the Cavalli Seamount high-grade schists, and micropalaeontological data from associated limestones.
- The overall metamorphic and geochronometric characteristics of the Sudetes suggest that exhumation was dominated by rapid vertical ascent.
- The geochronometric data obtained in this investigation elucidate distinct metamorphic and exhumation histories of two Variscan basement units separated by a mere c.50 km.
- Example sentences
- To the north, a garnet-bearing mica schist, sample SZ - 261, was collected for geochronometry.
- To constrain the tectonometamorphic history of the northern Sudetes, two samples were collected for geochronometry from the Gory Sowie Block and two samples from the adjacent Niemcza shear zone.
- This enormous age is arrived at by the uranium-lead method of geochronometry and is widely held to be unassailable.
Definition of geochronometric in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan