- (Of an artificial satellite of the earth) moving in a circular geosynchronous orbit in the plane of the equator, so that it appears to be stationary in the sky above a fixed point on the surface.More example sentences
- Once in geostationary orbit above the equator this satellite will provide a wide range of high-speed telecommunications services for North America, South America, Europe, North Africa and the Middle East.
- Three special satellites located in geostationary orbit above Europe transmit a GPS-like signal that improves the GPS accuracy down to 1 to 2 metres.
- Egnos consists of three geostationary satellites and a network of ground stations for the transmission of a signal containing information on the reliability and accuracy of the positioning.
More definitions of geostationaryDefinition of geostationary in:
- The US English dictionary