Definition of geostrategic in English:
Relating to the strategy required in dealing with geopolitical problems.
- Propaganda broadcasting is sometimes a useful adjunct to geopolitical and geostrategic policy, but it is no substitute for military success or for political activity.
- This says that the problem of invasion should be discussed in all its aspects, it demands an in-depth analysis of the geopolitical and geostrategic situation and potential sources of military threats and dangers.
- This will in the future be a major factor in the evolution of the geopolitical and geostrategic situation in different parts of the world.
- Example sentences
- The administration has decided to go with a primarily neo-conservative geostrategy to solidify its interests here.
- Surely, distinctive geopolitics might imply distinctive geostrategy (for instance, China's strategic geography is dramatically different from Russia's).
- This process has less to do with the war on terrorism and more to do with old enmities and present-day geostrategy.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia