- another term for synchronous ( sense 2). Compare with geostationary.More example sentences
- There, the rockets will link up, creating an 80-ton spacecraft that will ascend to 22,000 miles and lock into geosynchronous orbit.
- Up to a dozen geosynchronous satellites go out of service every year, and there are now several hundred derelicts in the disposal orbit.
- The key to this concept was the placement of space stations in geosynchronous Earth orbit, a location 35,786 kilometers above Earth.
More definitions of geosynchronousDefinition of geosynchronous in:
- The US English dictionary