- The reproductive cycle in the adult female consists of all processes leading to conception, gestation, and birth of offspring.
- They are tales of conception and gestation, birth and rebirth.
- Clinical history should include complications of pregnancy, duration of gestation, and birth weight.
- The other aspect is that it was captured by the green movement during its gestation and development, and now it lacks balance.
- He had been at the conception, gestation and birth of all of her designs.
- Rostropovich spent two summers with the ailing Prokofiev and was astonished at the patience with which his suggestions were received during the rewriting of the concerto and the gestation of other works.
- Example sentences
- At later gestational stages, misoprostol can be used either to induce labour or as part of a dilation and evacuation procedure.
- The gestational time variable was always the first variable to enter the logistical regression models.
- Three women who developed gestational diabetes were excluded, and so the records of 202 women were studied.
Mid 16th century (denoting an excursion on horseback, in a carriage, etc., considered as exercise): from Latin gestatio(n-), from gestare 'carry, carry in the womb', frequentative of gerere 'carry'.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ges|ta¦tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.