- 1 [in combination] A person or thing that gets a specified desirable thing: an attention-getter a vote-getterMore example sentences
- The record-breaking knock saw him become the highest run getter for India.TI
- And whoever got 15 or 20 and was the high vote getter would become the governor of California.
- Jack finished that 1997 ride in sixth place and established himself as a regular top 10 place getter in the years following.
- 2 Electronics & Physics A substance used to remove residual gas from a vacuum tube, or impurities or defects from a semiconductor crystal.More example sentences
- Ar was cleaned with Zr-Ti getters.
More definitions of getterDefinition of getter in:
- The US English dictionary