- A plant of a genus which comprises the avens.
More example sentences
- Genus Geum, family Rosaceae
- These include the dahlias and impatiens as well as roses, cyclamen, nicotiana, geum and the darkening petals of Sedum spectabile.
- Water Avens is another name for this species of geum which, unlike the rest of the genus, is a moisture-loving plant that will do well in damp places by a pond.
- Many kinds can go into the ground now, including asters, chrysanthemums, diascia, gaura, geranium, geum, and penstemon.
modern Latin, variant of Latin gaeum.
More definitions of geumDefinition of geum in:
- The US English dictionary