(also chiefly North American geegaw)
- A showy thing, especially one that is useless or worthless: a house full of Victorian gewgawsMore example sentences
- With check-in times now prolonged because of security issues, traders are lapping up even more business as they tempt us with their trinkets and gewgaws.
- The bookshelves are pine, and contain six levels of books each, with knickknacks and gewgaws on each level.
- It was successful, too, and we came away with the car boot stuffed with pictures, frames, pots and gewgaws all carefully chosen to lift a corner here, add a bit of interest there.
Middle English: of unknown origin.
More definitions of gewgawDefinition of gewgaw in:
- The US English dictionary