- A pale yellowish crab that lives in a burrow in the sand above the high-water mark and goes down to the sea at night to feed.
More example sentences
- Genus Ocypode, family Ocypodidae
- At the highest speeds, ghost crabs, cockroaches and ants exhibit aerial phases.
- They have collaborated on research, most recently studying territoriality in dragonflies and aggression and foraging strategies in ghost crabs.
- Laboratory studies examining the distance that ghost crabs can run before fatigue provide a wellstudied example with application to natural behavior.
More definitions of ghost crabDefinition of ghost crab in:
- The US English dictionary