- 1(Of the moon) having the illuminated part greater than a semicircle and less than a circle.More example sentences
- My hand was clasped around hers, and the light of the gibbous moon set a silver path out before us.
- On the 16th Jupiter appears to the upper left of the waxing gibbous Moon.
- The waxing gibbous moon was still behind the scudding clouds, but it was far from pitch dark.
- 1.1Convex or protuberant: his gibbous eyesMore example sentences
- The male hooded merganser, with his distinct gibbous moon crest, demands immediate attention.
late Middle English: from late Latin gibbosus, from Latin gibbus 'hump'.
More definitions of gibbousDefinition of gibbous in:
- The US English dictionary