Definition of gigantic in English:
Of very great size or extent; huge or enormous: a gigantic concrete tower
More example sentences
- What started as a small bonfire has grown to the size of a gigantic tip.
- There was a gigantic tower on the bar graph for the number of people who were sick on a Monday.
- I get confused between giant prawns, crayfish and langoustine, but these were gigantic.
very big/large, great, giant, massive, colossal, mammoth, immense, tremendous, mighty, stupendous, monumental;
boundless, immeasurable, limitless, infinite, cosmic;
epic, prodigious, mountainous, monstrous, titanic, towering, elephantine, king-sized, king-size, gargantuan, Herculean, Brobdingnagian, substantial
informal mega, monster, whopping, whopping great, thumping, thumping great, humongous, jumbo, hulking, bumper, astronomical, astronomic
- Example sentences
- It's been a gigantically emotional day for me.
- The odds were gigantically stacked against them.
- Our enormous country is really a tiny principality, in which our leaders loom gigantically large in the quiet green landscape.