- Lightweight plain-woven cotton cloth, typically checked in white and a bold colour: [as modifier]: gingham curtainsMore example sentences
- The picnic table is spread with a red and whit gingham cloth.
- She has a red and white gingham dress and blond pigtails.
- I thought my pink and white gingham check shirt was just the thing.
early 17th century: from Dutch gingang, from Malay genggang (originally an adjective meaning 'striped').
More definitions of ginghamDefinition of gingham in:
- The US English dictionary