- (Chiefly of the skin or a leaf) free from hair or down; smooth.More example sentences
- The regions of glabrous skin that have these epidermal ridges are especially richly supplied with cutaneous sensory nerves.
- The essential oil from glabrous leaves consists mostly of a blend of several sesquiterpenes, of which germacrene-D and beta-caryophyllene are the major components.
- Fruits of this species are glabrous achenes, with sepals modified into plumose bristles and are frequently wind-dispersed.
mid 17th century: from Latin glaber, glabr- 'hairless, smooth' + -ous.
More definitions of glabrousDefinition of glabrous in:
- The US English dictionary