(also glamourize or glamorise)
Make (something) seem glamorous or desirable, especially spuriously so: the lyrics glamorize drugs
More example sentences
- Many of these websites openly promote drug use, others glamorize the drug culture and thereby implicitly promote use and experimentation.
- Some claim that the film glamourises drug abuse, but amidst the dark humour, there are some truly horrific moments.
- I'm not glamourizing it or glorifying the lifestyle.
- Example sentences
- You know, I'm not on the fence about rape and the glamourisation of rape.
- Hollywood's glamourisation notwithstanding, it strikes me as bizarre that we should take delight in the casual violence of men without conscience, but I understand the fascination.
- But there is a lack of proportion in this glamourisation of crime in a society already paying heavily for the criminalisation of politics.
Definition of glamorize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.