(also glamourize or glamorise)
Definition of glamorize in English:
Make (something) seem glamorous or desirable, especially spuriously so: the lyrics glamorize drugs
More example sentences
- Many of these websites openly promote drug use, others glamorize the drug culture and thereby implicitly promote use and experimentation.
- Some claim that the film glamourises drug abuse, but amidst the dark humour, there are some truly horrific moments.
- I'm not glamourizing it or glorifying the lifestyle.
- Example sentences
- You know, I'm not on the fence about rape and the glamourisation of rape.
- Hollywood's glamourisation notwithstanding, it strikes me as bizarre that we should take delight in the casual violence of men without conscience, but I understand the fascination.
- But there is a lack of proportion in this glamourisation of crime in a society already paying heavily for the criminalisation of politics.
Definition of glamorize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia