noun[mass noun] British
- An infectious viral disease characterized by swelling of the lymph glands and prolonged lassitude. Also called infectious mononucleosis.More example sentences
- She was diagnosed with liver damage almost a year ago, and has also suffered from extreme tiredness and a series of illnesses including chicken pox, tonsillitis, flu and glandular fever.
- When they do happen, they are similar to other viral infections such as glandular fever.
- Also hepatitis B, glandular fever and intestinal parasites have been associated.
More definitions of glandular feverDefinition of glandular fever in:
- The US English dictionary