Definition of gleet in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A watery discharge from the urethra caused by gonorrhoeal infection.
- The subject developed, firstly, the typical gleet of gonorrhoea, then went on to produce a chancre and then the manifestations of secondary syphilis.
- They also provide testing, in case you're worried that your inability to pee is a result of gleet buildup.
- Example sentences
- The itchy nature of his gleety discharge and the redness of his meatus also pointed toward this remedy.
- The gleety results of a badly treated gonorrhea sometimes yield to it.
- The gleety discharge disappeared and none of these symptoms have ever returned.
Middle English (denoting mucus formed in the stomach): from Old French glette 'slime, secretion', of unknown origin.
Definition of gleet in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.