Definition of glide path in English:
1An aircraft’s line of descent to land, especially as indicated by ground radar.
- A vasi can help identify the ideal glide path (usually three degrees).
- The pilot descended on a normal glide path, normal sink rate, and touched down about 800 feet past brick one.
- He eventually landed on the glide path monitor, causing damage to the tune of £15,000 and putting it out of action for several weeks.
1.1A series of events or actions leading smoothly to a particular outcome: we are on a glide path to success
More example sentences
- The apostles of integration had in mind a smooth glide path to monetary union.
- Without a sharp course correction, the company is on a glide path to disaster.
- We're on the glide path to be a real player.
Definition of glide path in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan