1Globe-shaped; spherical: plants with distinctive globular blooms
More example sentences
- These have expanding necks and bulbous to globular bodies.
- Both have a globular or bulbous bell and the reed is placed on a curved or angled crook.
- The bottle has a direct neck and a globular body and an evened and rounded lip.
2Composed of globules.
- The small differences among various amino acids are diminished further by averaging over the rather similar compositions of globular proteins.
- First, the titin molecule is composed of a discrete number of globular domains and a nonglobular segment.
- As some of the water was removed, tiny globular islands, or ‘micelles’ of solid material formed in the solution.
short for globular cluster.
- The Milky Way has about 100 globular clusters, whereas giant elliptical galaxies are surrounded by thousands of globulars.
- If globulars have black holes now, then globulars most likely had black holes when they originally formed.
- What is clear is that these clusters, like the globulars, are ancient.
- Example sentences
- The index encodes information about the cyclicity of a molecule where long, straight chain molecules have the highest values and the value decreases with increases in globularity and cyclicity.
- Combined treatment has the added bonus of smaller particle size, more globularity, and lesser surface tension.
- An additional result from the prediction of solvent accessibility is that of protein globularity.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: globu|lar
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.