- 1 [attributive] (Of something or someone ordinary or unexceptional) represented as or appearing more elevated or special than is the case: I did the paperwork and was basically a glorified secretaryMore example sentences
- In reality it appears more as a glorified work visa scheme.
- Since all I ever use the thing for is writing, to me it's just a glorified typewriter.
- Lured by a lifelong love of dance, she started as what she describes as ‘a glorified secretary,’ and learned from the bottom up.
- 2(In religious contexts) made glorious: the transformed and glorified JesusMore example sentences
- Thus the Personality of Godhead becomes ever glorified.
- For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened.
- God is primarily glorified not in what you do but what you are.
More definitions of glorifiedDefinition of glorified in:
- The US English dictionary