Definition of glucosamine in English:
1A crystalline compound which occurs widely in connective tissue, especially as a component of chitin.
- In addition, experiments were conducted at sea to measure the growth of heterotrophic bacteria in response to amendments of amino acids, protein, N-acetyl glucosamine, and chitin.
- An example of recurrent mutation in human beings is the ABO blood group, where types A and B are functional alleles that control enzymes that link glucosamine or n-acetyl glucosamine to a common precursor.
- Glutamine is an energy source for enterocytes of the small intestine, helps form nicotinamide for energy transfers and glucosamine for connective tissue, and contributes to purine and pyrimidine nucleotides.
1.1A synthesized form of this, taken to relieve arthritis pain.
- Others will have to rely on acetaminophen or dietary supplements such as glucosamine, ginger, turmeric or boswellia.
- Some evidence suggests that the dietary supplement glucosamine probably improves osteoarthritis symptoms.
- Some find dietary supplements such as glucosamine and chondroitin helpful.
Definition of glucosamine in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.