Definition of glucoside in English:
A glycoside derived from glucose.
- Selection of plants for cultivation would have been directed at reducing a serious disadvantage of the plant; that it contains two substances, a glucoside and an enzyme, which react together to produce poisonous prussic acid.
- The results obtained with the alkyl glucosides used in this study are similar to those for DDM.
- A major interest of our laboratory is the sensing mechanism for maltose and other glucosides.
- Example sentences
- It is an enzyme that hydrolyzes preferentially the beta - 1,4 glucosidic linkages between N-acetylmuramic acid and N-acetylglucosamine that occur in the mucopeptide cell wall structure of certain microorganisms.
- It has been suggested in some cases that glucosidic conjugates serve as metabolic pools and can be mobilized by hydrolysis to release aglycones during infection and elicitor treatment.
- Its polypeptide components are rich in glutamic and aspartic acids, whereas its polysaccharide component is made up of monosaccharides, with alpha - 1,4 and beta - 1,3 glucosidic linkages.
Definition of glucoside in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan