- Relating to the gluteus muscles: the gluteal regionMore example sentences
- In 1997, I got severe pain in the left leg from gluteal region to the heel.
- The clinicians measured each individual participant's waist circumference halfway between the lower rib and iliac crest and the hip circumference over the widest part in the gluteal region, and then calculated the WHR.
- A 70-year-old woman was admitted to the hospital in March 1997 complaining of pain in her left gluteal region.
noun(usually gluteals) Back to top
- A gluteus muscle: walking uphill places greater emphasis on the glutealsMore example sentences
- The exercise program consisted of 8 resistance exercises on a multigym apparatus for 3 upper body muscles (triceps, biceps, and latissimus dorsi) and 4 lower body muscles (quadriceps, hamstrings, gluteals, gastrocnemius/soleus).
- The combined training group also completed 4 strengthening exercises targeting the pectorals, latissimus dorsi, gluteals, and quadriceps for 45 minutes.
- This exercise strengthens the obliques, quadratus lumborum, back extensors, gluteals, adductors and core abdominal muscles.
More definitions of glutealDefinition of gluteal in:
- The US English dictionary