- A colourless, sweet, viscous liquid formed as a by-product in soap manufacture. It is used as an emollient and laxative, and for making explosives and antifreeze.
More example sentences
- A trihydric alcohol; chemical formula: CH2(OH)CH(OH)CH2(OH)
- The acetins are derivatives of glycerol that are prepared by heating glycerol with acetic acid.
- Such agents include glucose, propylene glycerol, polyethylene glycol and hypaque.
- Fats can be reduced in a solution of sodium hydroxide to produce glycerol and another kind of lipid, soap.
More definitions of glycerolDefinition of glycerol in:
- The US English dictionary