noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting a radical derived from glycerol by replacement of one or more hydrogen atoms: glyceryl trinitrateMore example sentences
- Another derivative, guaiacol glyceryl ether, is an ingredient in cough medicines, and glycerol methacrylate is used in the manufacture of soft contact lenses to make them permeable to air.
- Active compound combinations having a content of glyceryl alkyl ethers and cosmetic and dermatological formulations comprising such active compound combinations
- Special fats which incorporate an emulsifier, usually glyceryl monostearate, are available to the commercial baker.
More definitions of glycerylDefinition of glyceryl in:
- The US English dictionary