noun[mass noun] Biochemistry
- The formation of glycogen from sugar.More example sentences
- Astrocytes are involved in brain metabolism, because they are capable of glycogenesis (conversion of glucose into glycogen for storage) in response to various hormones and to potassium and glutamate.
- In the two-armed study, aqueous extract of elder flower significantly increased glucose uptake, glucose oxidation, and glycogenesis in rat abdominal muscle.
- Impaired liver function can cause fatigue, irritability and depression as a result of impaired glycogenesis which is the breakdown of glycogen to re-form glucose in the cells.
More definitions of glycogenesisDefinition of glycogenesis in:
- The US English dictionary