Definition of glycosuria in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
A condition characterized by an excess of sugar in the urine, typically associated with diabetes or kidney disease.
- Participants not known to be diabetic and without glycosuria underwent a standard oral glucose tolerance test.
- He was aware that pancreatic disease led to glycosuria.
- A rectal examination can determine the presence of fecal impaction, and a simple urinalysis can be used to screen for infection or glycosuria.
mid 19th century: from French glycosurie, from glucos 'glucose'.
- Example sentences
- It is not always accompanied by clinical symptoms but can be diagnosed on the basis of high glycaemic and glycosuric concentrations.
- Blood glucose levels of glycosuric animals were then tested using a One Touch II glucometer (Lifescan, Milpitas, CA, USA).
- Following irradiation, 5 ml of glucose solution was given to irradiated and nonirradiated albino rats until the animals became glycosuric. lrradiated animals developed g1ycosuria 14-l8 hr after irradiation.
Definition of glycosuria in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan