- A crested long-tailed African bird of the turaco family, with mainly grey plumage and a call that resembles the words ‘go away’. Also called loerie or lourie in South Africa.
More example sentences
- Family Musophagidae: two genera and three species
- I would tell them all about butcher birds, go-away birds and, of course, all the fabulous birds of prey.
- These noisy birds are also sometimes referred to us go-away birds and they act as the eyes of the herds.
- The white-bellied go-away bird is a familiar and very conspicuous sight in some parts of East Africa.