1A Eurasian plant of the daisy family, with slender grass-like leaves, yellow flowers that close at about midday, and downy fruits which resemble those of a dandelion.
- Tragopogon pratensis, family Compositae
More example sentences
- Where are the hats decorated with the goat's beard?
- It is a larger relative of the common wild plant goat's beard, T. pratensis.
- Use dwarf goat's beard in partial shaded rock gardens with hostas, toad lilies, tiarellas, and wildflowers.
mid 16th century: translating Greek tragopōgon or Latin Barba Capri.
Definition of goat's beard in:
- The US English dictionary