- A triangular piece of material inserted in a dress, shirt, or glove to make it flared or for ornamentation: a blue godet skirtMore example sentences
- Old-fashioned dressmaker details such as godets in skirts and slot seams look terrific.
- The line seems to be centered around the circular: the godet garments are voluminous, yet cut so precisely as to allow them to be closed by a single button!
- As you can see from the photos the suede skirt hangs softly almost in pleats, and the wool version shows the godet detail quite well.
late 19th century: from French.
More definitions of godetDefinition of godet in:
- The US English dictionary