Definition of gold farming in English:
(In the context of online gaming) the practice of playing a game intensively so as to amass stocks of the game’s virtual currency or other valuable items used in the game, which can then be sold to other players for real money: in just a few years gold farming has become a vast enterprise
More example sentences
- Gold farming points a way to opportunities for developing countries. As people spend more of their work and leisure time online, the need for related online services will only grow.
- The grassroots gold farming industry exists on the periphery of the world of online games known as MMORPG's
- The gold farming industry may be about playing games, but these companies take their work seriously.
gold farmer noun
- Example sentences
- He predicts that when publishers begin to ban not just gold farmers, but the players who participate in the market, the companies will gain the reputation of being anti-consumer.
- The presence of gold farmers in a game is not necessarily popular among people who are playing for fun, and game publishers try to limit it, with little success.
- He has bought virtual gold from gold farmers on the web.
Definition of gold farming in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan