- 1Coloured or shining like gold: curls of glossy golden hair miles of golden sandMore example sentences
- Her eyes were alight, her hair flaxen, her golden skin shining with more than just the glow of youth.
- His silver armor gleamed under the bright golden light that shone like a tiny sun high above in a dome-shaped ceiling.
- She had beautiful golden hair that shone in the light of the room.
- 2Made or consisting of gold: a golden crownMore example sentences
- The sultan escorted the prince, wearing a gold crown, to a golden chair on the dais.
- A golden crown was upon my head, and my gown was flowing.
- Prince Alvin was wearing a brilliant black, velvet tailcoat and black britches that looked stunning with his golden crown.
- 3(Of a period) very happy and prosperous: those golden days before World War IMore example sentences
- The Epic Period was a golden era in Indian philosophical thought because of the tolerance of different opinions and teachings.
- The last 10 years have been a golden period, with most players earning good money.
- Tracy Noone has been the county's regular top scorer during the golden period from 1999, but missed last year on her American sabbatical.
- 3.1(Of an opportunity) very favourable: a golden opportunity to boost foreign tradeMore example sentences
- The Chancellor has missed a golden opportunity to boost the Government's strategy to cut smoking rates and improve the nation's health.
- The World Cup in Japan and South Korea is seen by the industry as a golden opportunity to attract new gamblers to online betting.
- If you want a film career as expansive and successful as Michael Jackson's, perhaps you should consider looking into this golden opportunity.
- 4(Of a singing voice) rich and smooth: a choir of young golden voicesMore example sentences
- Just then, a golden voice in his mind gave a suggestion.
- He gave a low chuckle and the golden voice whispered in my ear.
- Her golden voice gave me shivers up my spine for some unknown reason.
- More example sentences
- The upper cloth of Seetha's sari is goldenly silky and thus it will have a tinge of reddish brown hue, like the outer edge of the tongue of fire.
- So evenly and crisply does it toast, so steamy and toasty is the smell that rises as it does, so perfectly and goldenly does it take the butter.
- The rain ceased and the sun began to burst out goldenly now and again between the rents in the clouds, burnishing the gray seas with copper-hued radiance, and lighting up the mists that curtained the Island's red shores with gleams of gold foretokening a fine day after all.