Definition of golden rule in English:
1A basic principle which should always be followed to ensure success in general or in a particular activity.
- The North West Coastguard advises anyone venturing in to the Bay to follow the golden rules to ensure they do not become another victim of its treacherous sands.
- There are some golden rules to follow when choosing a hat.
- Those are two basic golden rules, and they appear to me to be a matter of logic.
1.1The biblical rule of ‘do as you would be done by’ (Matt. 7:12).
- We've still got church and sacraments, after all; we've got scripture and prayer; we've still got the golden rule and the Ten Commandments.
- This could include everything from telling the truth, fulfilling commitments and promises, and treating others as you would like to be treated; in other words, the golden rule.
- What Rachel teaches us is the virtue of following the universal golden rule - treat others as you would want others to treat you.
Definition of golden rule in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan