noun[mass noun] British
- Syrup of a golden-yellow colour.More example sentences
- Most recipes rely on the old method of melting treacle, golden syrup, and brown sugar with quantities of butter, before adding flour.
- Then he would come home, and Saturday lunch would be some kind of special event, which included, as its invariable dessert, suet pudding with golden syrup and custard.
- Wasabi, white miso paste and sushi rice share space with tins of golden syrup (for treacle tart) and packets of Smarties.
More definitions of golden syrupDefinition of golden syrup in:
- The US English dictionary