Definition of gonfalon in English:
A banner or pennant, especially one with streamers, hung from a crossbar.
- The hand-stitched, silk gonfalons are black and gold, reflecting the university's official colors.
- Every academic major has its own gonfalon in which certain colors represent different departments.
- We contacted Southern Tailors for quotes on gonfalons because of a recommendation from another university.
- Example sentences
- The names of the gonfaloniers will be listed in the program.
- To be selected to be a gonfalonier is considered an honor, as their academic department chooses the person elected to carry it.
- It is borne at the head of all university processions by a senior faculty member known as the gonfalonier.
Words that rhyme with gonfalonmyrobalan
Definition of gonfalon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan