Definition of gonorrhoea in English:
A venereal disease involving inflammatory discharge from the urethra or vagina.
- Infection with gonorrhea, chlamydia and hepatitis is also common.
- Women at increased risk should be tested for hepatitis C infection, gonorrhea, and chlamydia.
- We examined national trends in diagnosed HIV infections, gonorrhoea, and infectious syphilis from 1995 to 2000, using published routine data and studies.
- gonorrhoeal adjective
- Example sentences
- The Swedes, by legal reporting, screening, the treatment of sex partners, and the changing of sexual norms, have markedly reduced chlamydial and gonorrheal infection and PID in the past 20 years.
- It was used as a device to cover syphilitic pustules and gonorrhoeal warts in the genital area.
- This low positive predictive value would result in 50 percent of patients being notified that they have chlamydial or gonorrheal infections when, in fact, they do not.
Early 16th century: via late Latin from Greek gonorrhoia, from gonos 'semen' + rhoia 'flux'.
Definition of gonorrhoea in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.