Definition of goo in English:
noun[mass noun] informal
1A sticky or slimy substance.
- They are a really nice crisp, but substantial biscuit with flavoured goo inside.
- I can still remember biting through the coconut-studded chocolate shell into the gloriously sticky, snow-white goo within.
- I looked at my hand to see a dark substance on the palm, looking like watery, sticky goo.
- That sounds fairly dire, but this adaptation of a book about a Texan high school coach who makes it into the big league late in life isn't entirely covered in sentimental goo.
- If you like sentimental goo about growing up in the Midwest of America among widescreen landscapes, boy, are you in luck.
early 20th century (originally US): perhaps from burgoo, a nautical slang term for porridge, based on Persian bulġūr 'bruised grain'.