Kind and well meaning: a good-hearted woman who tried to do her best
More example sentences
- Ibbotson is dextrous with pace and suspense, accessible, always amusing, and a treat to read aloud, and the book is both joyously light-hearted and profoundly good-hearted.
- Her good-hearted hubby (gently played by Wynters) knows better, but indulges her anyway - with a plan of his own waiting on the back burner.
- One in five family sessions of traditional board games ends in some good-hearted wheeler dealing, according to research conducted to mark the start of National Game Playing Week on Monday.
- Example sentences
- They were proud of what they tried to do because, you know, there was a good-heartedness behind all these endeavours, and they were glad to be able to talk about it, and they all did.
- Nonetheless, life is good, the earth is beautiful, human customs enchanting, and we must face up to things with a degree of stoical good-heartedness.
- They took him prisoner but, because of his good-heartedness, they shipped him to a camp on the Greek mainland instead.
Words that rhyme with good-hearteddownhearted, hard-hearted, heavy-hearted, kind-hearted, light-hearted, lion-hearted, overparted, tender-hearted, uncharted, warm-hearted, wholehearted
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: good-hearted
Definition of good-hearted in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.