Definition of good-hearted in English:
Kind and well meaning: a good-hearted woman who tried to do her best
More example sentences
- Ibbotson is dextrous with pace and suspense, accessible, always amusing, and a treat to read aloud, and the book is both joyously light-hearted and profoundly good-hearted.
- Her good-hearted hubby (gently played by Wynters) knows better, but indulges her anyway - with a plan of his own waiting on the back burner.
- One in five family sessions of traditional board games ends in some good-hearted wheeler dealing, according to research conducted to mark the start of National Game Playing Week on Monday.
- Example sentences
- They were proud of what they tried to do because, you know, there was a good-heartedness behind all these endeavours, and they were glad to be able to talk about it, and they all did.
- Nonetheless, life is good, the earth is beautiful, human customs enchanting, and we must face up to things with a degree of stoical good-heartedness.
- They took him prisoner but, because of his good-heartedness, they shipped him to a camp on the Greek mainland instead.
Words that rhyme with good-hearteddownhearted, hard-hearted, heavy-hearted, kind-hearted, light-hearted, lion-hearted, overparted, tender-hearted, uncharted, warm-hearted, wholehearted
Definition of good-hearted in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan