1A lucky dip in which wrapped items are chosen by people at random.
- For her, the box is a useless and impersonal thing, like the random presents pulled out of a grab bag.
- I asked her if the wrapped presents were to be chosen randomly by each person from a grab bag.
- For a limited time, we have holiday grab bags available for a great price with fun mystery prizes.
1.1An assortment of items in a sealed bag which one buys or is given without knowing what the contents are.
- The documents spell out a corporate shopping list, a grab bag of public and private services which European companies would like to get their hands on.
- Every day the quarantine officials find a grab bag of seeds, plants and fungi.
- It's a veritable grab bag of surprises as nothing's really been nailed down yet.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: grab bag
Definition of grab bag in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.