Definition of grab bag in English:
1A lucky dip in which wrapped items are chosen by people at random.
- For her, the box is a useless and impersonal thing, like the random presents pulled out of a grab bag.
- I asked her if the wrapped presents were to be chosen randomly by each person from a grab bag.
- For a limited time, we have holiday grab bags available for a great price with fun mystery prizes.
1.1An assortment of items in a sealed bag which one buys or is given without knowing what the contents are.
- The documents spell out a corporate shopping list, a grab bag of public and private services which European companies would like to get their hands on.
- Every day the quarantine officials find a grab bag of seeds, plants and fungi.
- It's a veritable grab bag of surprises as nothing's really been nailed down yet.
Definition of grab bag in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan