- 1(Of a hominid species) of slender build.More example sentences
- But today, there are eight putative species of early gracile hominid - and a number of the most recent and most ancient have characteristics that might force a re-interpretation of our earliest ancestry.
- This was also the age of ‘Lucy,’ Australopithecus afarensis, and the radiation of robust and gracile hominids which produced the genus Homo.
- Some are stocky, others are slender and gracile in body shape.
- 1.1(Of a person) attractively slender or thin.More example sentences
- Males are generally smaller, more gracile and more angular than females.
- She is gracile and delightful.
- She was gracile, and her curves seemed liquid smooth.
early 17th century: from Latin gracilis 'slender'.
More definitions of gracileDefinition of gracile in:
- The US English dictionary