(also gracilis muscle)
- A slender superficial muscle of the inner thigh.More example sentences
- For example, some flaps such as the gracilis muscle can be harvested endoscopically to limit the length of the donor site incision.
- All originate at your pubic bone and, except for the gracilis, insert on your thighbone.
- Pain on the back of the medial of our knees may be caused by friction of three muscles rubbing together - your sartorius, gracilis and semitendinosus.
early 17th century: from Latin, literally 'slender'.
More definitions of gracilisDefinition of gracilis in:
- The US English dictionary