- 1A person or thing that grades.More example sentences
- Ms. Jones says she isn't confident in the grading system, which instructs graders to disregard factual errors in almost all circumstances.
- Brian reported that while graders are out working they may be a bit behind schedule due to the weather as well as some people being off sick and others taking vacation time.
- The intention of the Department to maintain a skeleton staff of graders at beef factories is not a solution.
- 2A wheeled machine for levelling the ground, especially in making roads.More example sentences
- They point out some important differences between motor graders and other earthmoving machines when it comes to converting engine power to tractive effort and work output.
- The graders ripped the existing road and gathered all available material into two windrows, then spread and graded behind the mobile crusher as it progressed down the road.
- You will see graders keeping our rural roads in shape.
- 3 [in combination] North American A pupil of a specified grade in a school: a first-graderMore example sentences
- The majority of my time has been spent working with the oldest students at our school - eighth graders.
- Approximately 20 percent of tenth to twelfth graders do not complete high school.
- Testing is also available in Spanish for third and fourth graders, but all students test in English.
More definitions of graderDefinition of grader in:
- The US English dictionary