noun[mass noun] Medicine
An antibiotic with a wide range of activity, used in many medicinal preparations.
- This antibiotic is obtained from the bacterium Bacillus brevis
More example sentences
- Her general practitioner had treated it unsuccessfully with neomycin and gramicidin ointment and oral flucloxacillin and metronidazole.
- In fact, gramicidin is one of the first known antibiotics.
- These interesting properties have made gramicidin an appropriate model for studying solvent effects on the structural changes of peptides and proteins.
More definitions of gramicidinDefinition of gramicidin in:
- The US English dictionary