Definition of grant aid in English:
Financial assistance, especially money that is granted by central government to local government or an institution.
- That adventurous use of grant aid has now been somewhat curtailed by central government.
- A small group came together and began to fundraise and seek access to grant aid.
- Given the cost it is going to involve a lot of money being raised locally but it is also hoped that grant aid will be available.
verb(grant-aid) [with object] Back to top
Give grant aid to.
- Defra initially grant-aided a complete survey of the park to identify the scope of the project.
- Just a few years ago it was unthinkable the EU would prevent this country from grant-aiding any form of inward investment.
- Some is being grant-aided by the company.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India