Definition of granulocyte in English:
A white blood cell with secretory granules in its cytoplasm, e.g. an eosinophil or a basophil.
- White blood cells called granulocytes and lymphocytes travel along the walls of blood vessels.
- These stem cells proliferate and differentiate into granulocytes (neutrophils, eosinophils and basophils), monocytes and lymphocytes, which together comprise the absolute white blood cell count.
- These are the eosinophils, neutrophils, and basophils (collectively known as granulocytes or polymorphonuclear leukocytes), mast cells, and monocytes.
- Example sentences
- Erythrocytic and granulocytic elements were extremely rare.
- The bone marrow is also hypercellular with varying amounts of granulocytic and erythroid hyperplasia.
- The most common type of myeloid sarcoma is the granulocytic type, composed of myeloblasts, neutrophils, and neutrophil precursors.
Definition of granulocyte in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan