Definition of graticule in English:
1A network of lines representing meridians and parallels, on which a map or plan can be represented.
- The intimate zone of home is plotted on the abstract graticule of the globe.
- Triangulation also fixed any specific point within the comprehensive graticule of longitude and latitude that described the shape and size of the globe.
- The map has no indicator of orientation except the graticule, the latitude and longitude grid.
1.1A series of fine lines or fibres in the eyepiece of an optical device, such as a microscope, or on the screen of an oscilloscope, used as a measuring scale or an aid in locating objects.
- Female body size (pronotum width) was measured using the eyepiece graticule in a binocular microscope.
- Diameters at 1-4 mm behind the root apex were measured using a stereo microscope with an eyepiece graticule.
- Stomatal densities of both leaf sides were determined under the microscope with an eye-piece graticule.
Definition of graticule in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan