- 1A hypothetical wave carrying gravitational energy, postulated by Einstein to be emitted when a massive body is accelerated.More example sentences
- The frequency of the wave is directly related to the frequency of the massive movement generating the gravity wave.
- Though a gravity wave is a distortion of space-time, it conserves volume.
- He claims that a gravity wave can couple to individual atoms and, as a result, interact far more strongly.
- 2A wave propagated on a liquid surface or in a fluid through the effects of gravity.More example sentences
- Freely propagating surface gravity waves are observed to slow down and to stop at a beach when the bottom has a relatively gentle upward slope toward the shore and the frequency range of the waves covers the most energetic wind waves (sea and swell).
- Special features of surface gravity waves in a deep fluid flow with a constant vertical shear of velocity is studied.
- When small-amplitude surface gravity waves progress in deep water, all the fluid particles are observed to orbit in circles within the depth of wave influence.
More definitions of gravity waveDefinition of gravity wave in:
- The US English dictionary