- A resinous dwarf shrub of the goosefoot family, which yields hard yellow wood used chiefly for fuel. It grows in dry areas of the western US and is toxic to stock if eaten in large quantities.
More example sentences
- Sarcobatus vermiculatus, family Chenopodiaceae
- Alkaline flat Trees are absent in the salty flats that surround the lake, but two shrubs, greasewood and rabbit-brush, are common.
- Every few yards there was a charred greasewood bush.
- Juniper, pinion, greasewood, Mormon tea, and scrubby brush grow sparingly on the rocky terrain.
More definitions of greasewoodDefinition of greasewood in:
- The US English dictionary